Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wash Park

I get to ride through Washington Park during my commute if I want to. After work on a recent Tuesday, I wanted to, so I did. And as I approached the park, my progress was obstructed by a hundred or so joggers jogging around the perimeter.

Turns out the Wash Park Running Club meets every Tuesday at 6:00 PM to pound pavement.

Their facebook page looks marginally active, and their website sucks, so I guess that's all I have to say about that. They look comparatively inferior, based solely on web presence, to the Snug Runners, who operate out of an Irish bar and claim the turf around Cheesman Park.


This morning's ride through Wash Park revealed a few gems, including the Wash Park Gondolier.



Dude was in hiking boots and a helmet, paddling his skateboard through the park. The paddle had what looked like two large rubber balls attached to the end.

It felt significant to have happened upon this gentleman shortly after having first stumbled upon pavedwave.org and "long distance pumping." This guy was not pumping, but he was making good, creative use of his longboard, and I salute him for that.

At the southern end of the park, I came across a closed and boarded up public restroom. It's apparently being renovated as part of the Better Denver Bond Project.



One social critic voiced his displeasure about suddenly being denied access to the restroom.

No comments: