Friday, February 4, 2011

The Halest

50 Across: Most robust

The answer to the above crossword clue is HALEST. I had never encountered this word prior to this past Tuesday's New York Times crossword.

A crossword clue database lists other clues for this word: Most fit, In the best shape, Most vigorous, Most strapping, Most hearty, Most sound.

Being a fairly competitive fella, I like this word.

The Rules of the Velominati

I recently stumbled across the Velominati, which is a racing oriented site and home of The Rules. I disagree with and willingly break many of these rules.

Some of them are great though. Consider Rule #9.
If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

I have had plenty of opportunities this week to have my behavior defined by Rule #9 and by that crossword puzzle.

Yeah, it's below zero and I'm biking to work: I'm a halesome badass.

No comments: