- There is a car behind me and—
- it is far away and going slow.
- it is going way too fast.
- it is nearby, about to pass me, and is way too close to me.
- it is behind me but isn't making an effort to pass me.
I glance over my shoulder to get a visual of what's behind me every once in a while, but I rely a lot on my ears while riding.
Wind, snow, and rain make riding especially difficult for me because they limit my hearing.
Just so you know, Denver, it is illegal to ride with headphones on! I met a guy last week who received that ticket.
It's not a bike law, but it's a vehicle law.
And so is wearing your seat belt, so. BE AWARE.